Frankford Arsenal Perfect Seat Hand Primer

newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
The Range Squirrel
The Range Squirrel
1 year ago

I like that, it looks solid, and the guide for the primer seating stem looks to be metal unlike the Lee Auto Prime that came in my Breechlock kit. I have not been really happy with it. It seems to like to flip small rifle primers on the side randomly as I squeeze to seat them; about 4 in every 100.
Does it hold the collets in place so that they don’t turn?

The Range Squirrel
The Range Squirrel
1 year ago
Reply to  KFW

I guess I know where part of my next check will go. 😉

CharlieBrassStuffer
CharlieBrassStuffer
1 year ago

Looks like a heavy duty priming system…wear your safety glasses and don’t let it point the open end of the case at your face as you seat them. I have a Lee hand prime that I used for years before getting the RCBS bench prime. I still like the Lee but it is not as well built or as heavy duty as that one, doesn’t have a prime seat depth adjustment either. Looks like you made a good choice Kent.

NickJ
NickJ
1 year ago

Hey KFW, I’ve seen a lot of those, but that one looks really nice 🙂

livincincy
livincincy
1 year ago

These were not available when I was looking. The Lyman fit my hand the best when I went to look at Lee, Hornady & RCBS. The Lee Ergo was not out yet. It seemed primer size conversion had many people owning (2) hand primers to avoid the ‘PIA’. The Lyman is also mostly black… So I look very tactikewl hand priming in a recliner. I am pretty sure SEAL TEAM 6 hand loads in the field with the Lyman unit…. I like this unit a lot. I like that it is so large for your hand. When you did the… Read more »

livincincy
livincincy
1 year ago
Reply to  KFW

I think they realized to compete they had to make quality products. It seems like they are always making products with strong reviews. I always look to see their offerings when I look for something new.

I believe this came out and had issues so they stopped production until they fixed it. So there is Gen 1 & Gen 2. I also believe they took care of the Gen 1 customers that had problems.

Cranky Cleatus
Cranky Cleatus
1 year ago

Good choice !! I’ve been using one of these since about March. I love it. Nothing bad to say about it. It’s built like a tank.