Casting, Loading, & Shooting 250gr Coated Cast Lead Hollow Points 44 Magnum

Today, I show in this video the entire process from start to finish how I cast, powder coat, load, and shoot some 250gr coated cast lead hollow points in the 44 magnum. This is one of my “go to” loads for blasting milk jugs without much recoil.  These loads are perfect for maximum explosion with minimal recoil–great for those milk jug duels with the buddies.  Got questions?  Feel free to leave me a comment below, and I will do my best to answer it!

Don’t forget to use coupon code flt001 to save a few bucks at the NOE site
Link to the NOE bullet mold used in this video: (be sure to select the RG mold if you want the hollow point version)
Link to the replacement mold guide: NOE Replacement Mold Guide

newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
tucsondon
tucsondon
2 months ago

Do you check the lead hardness before you powder coat? If so, what’s your goal BHN?
The links to NOE are 86.

Nice jug shots!! One of your signature shots.

KFW
KFW
7 months ago

Excellent video. I guess I need to get a 44 mag. My brother has a super redhawk and I have shot it a few times. I think it’s time to get my own.

NickJ
NickJ
9 months ago

I need to pull the trigger on a hallow point mold !

NickJ
NickJ
9 months ago
Reply to  Full.Lead.Taco

Eagle Eye Shooting
Eagle Eye Shooting
9 months ago

This was a extremely excellent production FLT! I love that HP bullet. Ill add that mold to the list. My 240gr Unique load is the same at 10gr. Its funny to see many have the same loads. I think someone should one day put together a common node chart for various calibers lol

Georgiaboy44
Georgiaboy44
9 months ago

Good stuff Taco, I love blowing up jugs too. The hydraulic pressure breaking that block is cool. Leverguns 50 did a test on hydraulic pressure using his 50-110. Hope YT quits harassing you one day.👍🏻😬

Georgiaboy44
Georgiaboy44
9 months ago
Reply to  Full.Lead.Taco

I like the Lee 310 with 16 grains of AA#9. Need to work up some loads with that NOE mold you sent me. Got some cast just haven’t had time to test any. 👍🏻

barndweller
barndweller
9 months ago

There is something cool about blowing up water jugs! Just do not drink enough mile haha. I noticed the block breaking, I had something like this happen to me last week. I was doing a water jug test on some 350 Legend bullets I had cast. I use a Sams white table to hold the jugs. I only did 2 shots and captured the bullet each time and hit very near center of the jug. I noticed the bottom brace under the table is bent about 4 inches down the the table its self is dis-formed. I did not hit… Read more »