Assembling Two Lowers – AR-15 and Foxtrot Mike Products FM-45

Assembling two AR pistol lowers. One of the lowers is the Foxtrot Mike Products .45 ACP FM-45 lower receiver, and the other is a “standard” AR-15 lower receiver I picked up from Palmetto State Armory.

FoxTrot Mike Products for sale at Brownells:

FoxTrot Mike Products for sale at Optics Planet:

FoxTrot Mike Products for sale at Primary Arms:

Palmetto State Armory lower build kits and parts kits:

“Freedom to Assemble” and other shirts:

Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, The Reloaders Network will receive an affiliate commission. This is being disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Notify of
32 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
ocean374
ocean374
2 months ago

Thank you great video not technical thanks for sharing

TreeTopFlier
TreeTopFlier
8 months ago

Looking forward to the rest of the build on the 45ACP. I have an AR pistol in 300blk but no actual pistol caliber versions.

NickJ
NickJ
8 months ago

Have never put a lower of any kind together, doesn’t look to bad !

Thorsaxe
Thorsaxe
8 months ago

I have seen many reviews on the foxtrot Mikes, however, I believe this is the first that I have seen in a tutorial on the “In’s and out’s” of building one up. I’m sure that the MP 230 slick sided bullets will find a home in one of those Glock magazines as a favorite shooter. Good video- Dave

James Pollard
James Pollard
8 months ago

For the front hinge pin I like to use a clevis pin to install and hold the spring and catch in place . Seems to be less chance of the spring to go flying .

karlb
karlb
8 months ago

I have never built an AR, I don’t even own one. But I really enjoyed watching you put them together!!! Can I assume they come with instructions? Can’t wait to see the range video.

karlb
karlb
Reply to  Loads of Bacon

My love of guns seems to be fading. I do enjoy tinkering with them, reloading is therapy for me. I am interested in the AR platform but all the killings that are related to them sickens me. I can’t defend them anymore, I’m embarrassed to even tell people I own guns…

NickJ
NickJ
Reply to  Loads of Bacon

Good explanation Bacon, AR’s are an inanimate object that does what the one holding it does. If a friend died in a car wreck would you never drive yours ? If a friend died in a hospital would you never go in one ? And on and on.

Jerry 1911
Jerry 1911
Reply to  karlb

Karl, don’t believe the LAME-STREAM media’s hype about the AR or AK being responsible for “so many” deaths. The actual statistics are only 0.001% used by AR AND AK rifles. Handguns (mostly used by people NOT allowed to possess one!) have a MUCH higher rate. The biggest percentage of deaths are still attributed to KNIVES!

aaron
aaron
8 months ago

Well I see every one already said all the tips and tricks so I will just thank you for the video and say the title was great! 👍

TinMan
TinMan
8 months ago

I have a stripped lower that I’m itching to get built, especially after watching this. Well done, looking forward to the range footage 👍👍🇺🇸🇺🇸

TinMan
TinMan
Reply to  Loads of Bacon

Me thinks I’m going to build a 300BLK pistol for my next adventure. A 30 cal cast bullet from an AR sounds like a ton of fun.

insightfreedom
insightfreedom

Well done.

GunFun ZS
GunFun ZS
8 months ago

Since you said to comment tips. 1. Use the vise to hold the work. 1a Also to press in roll pins, though a brass punch and hammer are just as easy. A vice is a nice precise way to use smooth linear force. I have aluminum caps for my jaws for non-marring. Easy to make from aluminum angle iron… 2. When putting on the buffer tube, leave the take down pin detent and spring out of the back until you have the tube screwed in and the buffer detente installed. No more avoiding it with the Q, or risking kinking… Read more »

GunFun ZS
GunFun ZS
8 months ago

The ETS glock mags in 9mm are decent IMO.

GunFun ZS
GunFun ZS
8 months ago

Haven’t watched the vid yet, but I LOOOOOVe the title card.

Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider
8 months ago

Good job on the builds. I’ve been working on a few lowers myself. Get ’em while they’re hot!