Scout AR 15: What worked? And what didn’t?
Let’s talk about my second favorite rifle in my collection. After multiple challenges and a successful hog hunt, the Scout AR 15 has proven to be more than a collection of components: it’s a purposeful and flexible machine.
1. CMMG Stripped Lower
2. Anderson Stripped Upper: http://shrsl.com/1xm5w
3. CMMG Bolt Carrier Group: http://shrsl.com/1xm5z
4. CMMG 16″ Stainless Barrel (5.56, mid-length, 1:7″ twist): http://shrsl.com/1xm55
5. CMMG Gas Tube: http://shrsl.com/1xm5v
6. CMMG Lower Completion Kit: http://shrsl.com/1xm5n
7. CMMG Upper Completion Kit: http://shrsl.com/1xm5q
8. RISE Armament RA-140 SST: http://shrsl.com/1xm5t
9. ATI Tactlite Mil-Spec Furniture: http://shrsl.com/1xm50
10: ATI X2 Grip: http://shrsl.com/1xm52
11. CMMG Mk4 Charging Handle: http://shrsl.com/1xm58
12. KNS Pins: http://shrsl.com/1xm5b
13. ATI Slim Free-Float Forend (15″): http://shrsl.com/1xm5c
14. CMMG Gas Block (0.750″): http://shrsl.com/1xm5f
15. Amend2 Magazines (FDE): https://bit.ly/2LW0Dsd
16. Ultradyne C4 Sights: http://shrsl.com/1wiys
17. Nikon Force XR EER Scope: http://shrsl.com/1xm5i
18. GrovTec Quick Adjust Sling (FDE): http://shrsl.com/1xm5j
19. GrovTec Push Button Picatinny Base: http://shrsl.com/1xm5k
19. GrovTec Flanged Push Button Base: http://shrsl.com/1xm5m
20. Modern Spartan Systems Starter Kit: https://bit.ly/2Fxuc2S
21. Falcon S8i 1-8x Scope: https://bit.ly/2NSy66I
22. Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Sight: http://shrsl.com/1xm61
23. Leapers UTG .83″ Riser Mount: http://shrsl.com/1xm62
24. Weaver 30mm Scope Mount: http://shrsl.com/1xm64
To be honest, the performance and handling of this rifle surprised me even though I carefully selected each part to meet a certain need. The total result is even better than I imagined. It’s light, quick, accurate, and just darn handy. Even more surprising, I can pick from a handful of sights and scopes and take care of business at a variety of distances. There were only two let-downs. The Amend 2 magazines stopped working after being loaded for a while, and the .223 chambering didn’t overwhelm big hogs. We’ll fix the latter problem by slapping a 350 Legend upper on top sometime soon.
If you want to see more videos like these, become a Patron of the Destructive Arts! For a buck or two a month, Patrons help keep the cameras running and receive sneak peeks and bonus footage. https://www.patreon.com/TheSocialRegressive
Kyle Broderick, The Social Regressive
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, the author of this post will receive an affiliate commission. This is being disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
The Social Regressive is a collection of outdoor adventures, gun tests, and gear reviews by a handful of Oklahoma boys. Our videos are entertaining and informative, but our real goal is to encourage you to live free. There’s a whole world of long fields, open roads, and big skies. Let’s go exploring!