2 Pots & 3 Moulds

In this casting video I wanted to throw in something I’ve never attempted before. Trying to handle 3 single cavity moulds in one casting session and 2 of them Hollow Point moulds, but there’s a caveat to that…two different blends of lead in the pots, one an 11BHN general purpose pistol fodder lead, and the other an 8 BHN lead for the Hollow Points.
It was almost a calamity of errs but all turned out in the end…give’er a look, see what you think and don’t forget to leave a comment and a thumbs up…heheee…I hope!

Notify of
15 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
Maxx Bear
Maxx Bear
4 months ago

Great video Charlie you make it look easy.!! But I know it isn’t you just stayed steady through it all. But on a sidenote with you working those two pots and three moulds I thought you were going to break into the Macarena.
Lmao

karlb
karlb
4 months ago

That is surely some thirsty work all right! You are the definition of Old Pro, nice work. You are more picky than I am. I dont care about wrinkles.
By the way, your hat needs a hair cut…

mr.revolverguy
mr.revolverguy
4 months ago

Well look at the master at work. Though Charlie about pissed me off in this video “this filming is for the birds” I thought to myself no way Charlie is going to leave us hanging right there, but he came back 🤣

Eddie B
Eddie B
4 months ago

As you know, I just got my first bottom pour pot. I was so happy with those neat little sprues that I didn’t see the harm in dropping them back in the pot. Well, it wasn’t long and I had boogers on my bullets. Should have waited a week and watched your video before tried it. 👍

Full.Lead.Taco
Full.Lead.Taco
4 months ago

Good job Charlie, I need to get some more casting done…

harm
harm
4 months ago

The new mold handle guide on the hot plate is awesome. They get a bit precarious balancing otherwise. Always new things to learn from Charlie. Ole Dogs can *teach* new tricks just fine. Thanks for braving the juggling session on-camera!

Jerry 1911
Jerry 1911
4 months ago

Anyone thinking about casting with one of these old hollow point molds would do well to watch a master use these!

Jerry 1911
Jerry 1911
4 months ago

Just the truth. You know me, no 🐃💩, just good information and techniques.